Exciting Night

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Hamzter, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Well my band was set to play this benefit show at our highschool for hurricane relief last thursday. We were really prepared and played amazing, we were opening and there was another 3 bands playing after us.

Well after we get done and start taking down the equipment, the organizer of the show comes up to me and tells me that the band that was supposed to close cancelled out without even notifying her (they even emailed the her the day before saying that could definitly make it and were looking forward to it) so she asks if we could play another set to close.

Our guitarist had to go because of prior engagements but me and our drummer came up with an idea. He had been in a band playing guitar that had broken up near the begining of summer and the drummer was in the audience. So we ask him and he's up for it, except that I don't know any of the songs. So we went into a back room and they showed me the basics to each song. The time came and we went on, everything went great. I stuck to just playing roots with a fill everyonce in awhile since I still didn't know the songs very well.

Overall it was an amazing night, I had a blast, after dropping our equipment off, I went home and fell asleep right away. My friend took some pics from the night that I'll post after I get ahold of them.
  2. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Thats so good man.The event seemst to have fired you up!I hope you keep up like this and do more and more!Post the pics when you get them.
  3. Yeah they are talking about doing another band night at the school in a couple months, so hopefully we'll have a few more songs to play by then.