Exclusive from F bass and Access-Bass!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by adrian garcia, Oct 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    hi, fellow TB'ers- just a little news flash here-
    I have been talking to George Furlanetto and we have come up with what we will unofficially call the F Bass Access-Bass models- I have been totally impressed with the sound and feel of his basses and we are gonna take it a step further- so here are the specs for the basses as we have them so far, the features will be..
    1-exotic "10 " tops
    2-flame or birdseye maple fingerboards ( macassar
    ebony available)
    3-matching peghead
    4-matching control knobs
    5-master volume and pan controls
    6-matching pickup cover and back plate
    7- all the amazing tone F basses are known for
    tops offered will include:
    thuya burl, afezelia burl, spalted and burled maple, myrtle burl, amboyna burl, etc...
    mine will have this top- a wood before unknown to me-
    this is called Karelian Birch- sounds like something out of Star Trek- goes well with Romulan ale- ;)
    anyone interested can contact me at
    www.access-bass.com for more info- basses will start to come in in about 14 weeks- they will be available in 5,6 and yes, JT, even 7 string versions! also special orders are being taken if you have a specific top in mind-
    here's what my Karelian Birch looks like- it will go well with my birdseye board
  2. geshel

Oct 2, 2001

As cool as that is, I do belive that's an advertisement.
  3. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    yes- i see what youre saying- that is exactly why i got an ok from JT before i posted- and really, its no different that the thread about lightwave basses-which i had no problem with and it went 5 pages long or something- i hope i dont offend, ive been told that the rules about this have relaxed quite a bit- im sorry i affected you enough to entice the sad face, there geshel- i truly do apologize , my friend-
    if any moderators have a problem here, please let me know and this thread is history- but like i said, i checked with JT-
  4. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    No it's ok - the sad face was because I was so conflicted :) 'cos these basses sound sweet.

If you ran it by JT first then no problemo.

Wouldn't hurt if the rules for this sort of thing were posted somewhere though (or am I a dork and they are? ;) )

edit: This is what I find in the "Rules", it seems pretty clear-cut:

edit 2: :) let me reiterate - I would be OK with loosening these rules, or maybe with a new sub-forum for announcements of this sort (not a straight-up "for sale", but still commercial in nature).
  5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I got no prob with it (I think we talked about this some time ago anyhoo, adrian):)

So, 14 weeks, eh??

I will be in contact with you in the near future.:D
  6. :rolleyes: Thanks alot Adrian-Just when I decided to rule out F Bass as one of my choice basses (not enough purty tops) you pull something like this and screw up my whole G.A.S. Line up!
  7. Welp, I clearly got my F Bass at the exact wrong time. :(
  8. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

More power to Adrian. He's a standup guy and a credit to this post

9. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Right on for taking F Basses to the next level Adrian!

They'll look very cool and have great tone as well.
  10. oddentity

oddentity Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    No way man, the green bass is sweeeeeeeet...
  11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey folks.

like adrian said, i think this is cool. it's not like he's a rampant spammer - he's been a valuable, contributing member of the community. since paul's gotten the support from swr, he's given us (the mods) a bit more leeway in what we allow, and i think this is some valuable information to know. i wanna see one of these pups when they are done.
  12. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    FWIW, I totally agree. Adrian is a valuable TB'er and a good guy. Great player, too. :D
  13. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    holy doodle, man...those are gonna be sweet. i would really dig trying one of their fretless basses, though.
  14. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    North Karelia is a province of Finland in our south-eastern corner, Russia got the larger part of it after WW2 treatys - my grandparents lived there but were forced to move westwards during the war. I've been there few times, it's beautiful place. Lots of birch forests.

Anyways, there's lots of nice birch lying around here, many Finnish guitar builders use flamed birch for their tops. It looks very nice as it's almost white with tight grain(looks to be moistened in the pic so it looks more yellowish). It's also very smooth wood.
  15. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Here's a way around the rules--make this the Official FBass-AccessBass-TalkBass model.

OK, now I am starting to get interested in these basses, now that I've moved into the box seats with my new Lakland.

One question--are the pickups FBass pickups?
  16. odie

odie Supporting Member

Adrian you might not know all the details. But what is the price range?? Turn around time??
  17. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    I changed my mind!! ( hey, Its my prerogative!! )
    while i will still order a bn5 with the Karelian Birch- i personally am going with this sick, obnoxiuos, over the top, trying to compensate for some other shortcoming in my life looking Buckeye Burl Bn5-
    so here's a look at the beginnings- turn around time, approx. 14 weeks- prices will be posted on my site very soon- they differe , i will post list prices , discounted prices will be discussed privately thru email or phone-
    these wont be cheap, but man, they will be AWESOME!!!! - thanks again to TB for cool on this- and now, here's the Buckeye!!
    by the way- add the Dunlop straplock pins to the list of features!!
  18. eh, it's alright. I would have certainly preferred something more with a more interesting look, but as far as I knew the only other option was a flamed maple top (of which I'm not a huge fan).

Oh well -- lesson learned.
  19. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    David- dont feel bad, bro - you got a great bass!- A.
  20. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I almost think that it might be too much going on for an F Bass. The body shape and headstock more than gives the F Bass enough of it's own character. I've never, for a moment, thought that any F Bass has looked mundane or without charm of it's own.

I should have my new, black/white Ceruse BN5 in a few days and I'm certain that it's going to be all that I could ever want.

But Adrian, I can't wait to see your new F Bass with one of those outrageous tops.

David, I think that your bass is a real beauty. I think that you did great.;) I wouldn't look back for a second.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.