1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Excuses for selling basses (or G.A.S.?)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by lefty007, Nov 17, 2006.

1. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    I always crack up when I see listings for sale (here or at eBay) and some sellers always make sure they let you know why they are selling their basses.

But there are two that always come up:

-I need money to fix my car, or
    -Credit car bills are too high (or need to pay student's loan)!

I guess those make sense, but you know those sellers are just suffering from GAS and no matter how good the bass is, they must sell it and keep looking for a better one.

Just ranting. :rolleyes:

2. Ed Goode

Ed Goode Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    I'd love to see a For Sale post where the seller lists the real reason for getting rid of the bass, something like:

"I hate this bass. It's not what I thought it would be when I bought it and it serves me right for being an impulse buyer"

or

"I know this is the hot bass at TB right now, but it sounds horrible to me. Since you all think it's so great, here's your chance to buy it from me"

or

"I know that just sticking on a new bridge is not a big deal, but I'm going to try to trick somebody into buying this used bass for almost the exact same price as a new one would cost"

or

"My wife told me to get some of these basses out of the house or else she's throwing them in the garbage"

:D

3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    G.A.S. is almost always my excuse. But I tell my wife that these purchases are "investments"....lol

4. yeah I have a couple of "sound like crap" basses to sell anyone interested?

5. I could never sell a bass, im just wierd like that.

However, i am selling a couple of my guitars on ebay right now, but i need to try and get my bank balance back to £0 :(

6. PM sent

:smug:

7. I'm trying to shift my bassman 100. I'm gonna put it on e-bay.

I hate it, it sounds like crap, it's too heavy, it's ugly, and I paid way too much for it.

But that's not what my description is going to say. Does that make me a bad person?

8. steve21

steve21 Inactive

I sold my J-bass (Hopefully getting the money for it by next week) because I genuinely need money for a car. I'm 16, and the 360 or so I'll get out of it will be a big help.

9. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I love the ads like this; "Bass is the best sounding and playing bass I've ever played. Probably my favorite bass ever." Why are you selling it then?

Or ads that express that they need money and no trades are accepted, except for _____, ______, and ______.