1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EXP out for send/return FX mix.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by adi77, Jun 7, 2014.

1. adi77

adi77 Banned

Mar 15, 2007
    bombay
    Hi,
    i have a n EBS microbass II which has send/return and an FX mix knob to control it.. i was wondering why it doesn't have an EXP out that controls such FX mix.. is this a hard mod? are there any preamps with send/return loop and EXP out to control the mix levels?
    thanks and sorry if these are stoopid questions as i hv zero electronics background..

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The tricky part is that not all expression pedals work the same way. They can be active or passive, with different voltage range or different resistance range, and different polarity. That's a big part of why we don't see more pedals with expression inputs. I think it wouldn't be a hard mod for a pedal that already has a mix knob--you would just need to get an expression pedal with the same function and value as the potentiometer doing the mixing.

adi77 likes this.
  3. adi77

adi77 Banned

Mar 15, 2007
    bombay
    thanks, i tried using a volume pedal in the send return chain to do the same thing.. it didn't work as i expected.. worked best last in the send/return loop with the FXmix on half..