Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

expanded search ability

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by john turner, Mar 3, 2004.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    how about a search function that would sort all posts, newest to oldest, regardless of forum and regardless of date of last visit? this would help with moderatorial duties immensely - similar to the new posts search, but not stopping at "since last visit", since sometimes i don't get a chance to go through all the posts i need to before i leave, and when i get back i have a harder time finding some of the older threads to check out.

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    John,

Is this what you're looking for? :

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/search.php?do=getdaily

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, that's a start. how'd you do that? :D :hyper:

it would be great to have a method of doing that that wasn't bounded by any date whatsoever, so if say someone's out of town for a few days they can go back as far as they need to. would that be possible?

4. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    John,

Sorry the forum software allows 24 hours as the max... Anything more and we'd be getting into huge result sets (with average of about 1,300 posts per 24 hours...) :)

Paul

5. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Is there any way to sort the Members List by location?

We'd have to be consistant on our input, but I'd like to see the members who are nearby for invites to get togethers, etc.