1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Expensive lunch break :I

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jasonbraatz, Aug 16, 2007.

1. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    Went to get food...

Came home with a black & gold Fender Precision Special. :)

My first real Fender ever. It's in brand new condition, but I got it for $350 out the door with gig bag and package of flats because someone had purchased it then found out their wife was pregnant or something then sold it back. Still has the plastic and everything.

I've been looking for this exact bass for months, as it's the only "real" Fender P with a jazz neck. Today was just the day, I guess. :D

2. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    You know the rule...no pics, no food.

The most important question is, what did you end up eating?

3. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    doh.

Damn, I hate when that happens!!! :D

Congrats!!

4. BillMason

BillMason Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2007
  5. Ayliffe

Ayliffe

May 8, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    i agree. what was your lunch of choice after this momentous occasion?

6. Double Agent

Double Agent Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    Nice, was strongly considering one of those. Had I found it for $350, probably would have went with it.

Maple or rosewood? Pics?

7. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    my local L&M has a couple idiots, atleast they act like that whenever i go or talk to them. man and their bass section is SMALL, half of it is used a little over a quarter is used and the rest is just space on the wall, THeyve gone from first to third rate for sure. Lamusic is the place to go, theyve got a great selection.

BTW NICE GRAB :D

8. Ayliffe

Ayliffe

May 8, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    yea i was there the other day, the bass section is quite small, and its full of goddamn fenders.. which i hate. that L&M sucks though, the only guitar stacks they ahve are either marshalls, are reeeeeally exspensive mesa's

9. BillMason

Mar 6, 2007
    To the OP: Sorry to hijack your thread, but I won't be long.

The local L&M stores are newly so, they used to be Musicstop, and L&M so far is a huge improvement. Does Lamusic have a website? They don't have any stores out east.

10. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    yeah lamusic.ca they do price beats and they have free shipping :)

11. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I'd sure like to see this restraunt you get lunch from. I could just see it now...

I'll have two cheeseburgers, a fry, and that Precision Special. How about a diet coke too.

:p

12. Sounds gorgeous!

Pics plz.

13. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    I just restrung it with some D'Addario Chromes while on a conference call in my office. :D

So far, so good. It plays really well, and once I get the string height down a bit with the flats it will be even better. I'm pretty happy!

14. BillMason

Mar 6, 2007
    Cool, thanks for that - I see an Eden 212 cab in my future.

Sorry, OP, to hijack.

15. BillMason

Mar 6, 2007
    LOL, right on - I've received two Fender basses from eBay at the office while on conference calls! :)

"What's that sound in the background??"

16. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    [​IMG]

Yeah...this thing rocks.

I think it might be the second favorite bass in the stable as things stand right now. It's not a tapper or slapper but god damn could I hold it down with this thing.

The only thing that bugs me is the preamp. It *sucks.* The mid control should be renamed the "honk" knob. This thing is getting an OBP1 as soon as humanly possible.

edit: I'd rank my current stable like so: Stambaugh (duh,) P-Special, SX 4 with Nordstrands, GWB35, SX 5. The GWB and SX5 both suck pretty bad, though. :[

17. puff father

puff father Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Endicott, NY
    I want a lunch like you had! Nice! :)

18. Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    That Stammy is the sex!!!!

That P is classy too though. Don't they have the vinyl pickguards on those now? My old one was gold anodized and I hated the way it felt (like nails on chalkboard). Changed it for tort.

19. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    Yup, it's a gold anodized look vinyl. I was a bit bummed at first when I realized it wasn't the real deal, but got over it pretty quickly.

God, I'm remembering why I wanted a P-with-flats so well now that I have it. Cranking this through my DB750 is just awesome.

20. Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    Yeah, anodized was the worst feeling ever under my fingers. I couldn't get it off my P-bass fast enough. I will never buy another bass with that again. The gold vinyl looks just as nice to me, but I imagine it feels way better. Congrats again!!