Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

expensive rack cases!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scott Lynch, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Scott Lynch

Scott Lynch Supporting Member

rack cases are expensive! I looked up SKB roto's and they're like $70 for a 2 space rack! maybe i should start looking for some of these on eBay as well.

EDIT: moderator (title change). PM me with any concerns.

2. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    I just built a 4 space rack out of 3/4 birch playwood. (leftover from building speaker boxes) used some extra cabinet corners I had lying around, made the rails out of angle iron i bought at home depot, and added two handles. total investment about three hours and 10 bucks. I don't think I'll ever buy a rack case. making one is too easy to justify spending the money.

I used a table saw, a nail gun, a wood rasp, a woodworking plane, and a hand drill. Nothing fancy but it works.

3. Scott Lynch

i found some good deals on eBay. most sell for like $20-$30 used, which isn't bad.

4. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    I do the same thing. Why should I quite a bit of money for something that I could do myself? There is some work, but I gladly do it in order to save $80.

5. what does jesus have to do with rack cases?

6. Scott Lynch

lol :D I meant "jesus..." is in "damn..."