Experience with a Warr Guitar

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Obsius29A, Aug 21, 2000.

1. Obsius29A

Dec 20, 1999
    Huntington, NY
    Hey guys. Have any of you played a Warr guitar? I'm thinking about using one almost exclusively for my next band (a trio) and I want to be able to cover the low end as well as some melody. I'm very good at fast tapping on the guitar and pretty good on the bass, and extremely good at that sort of stuff on the piano. Those of you who have played these instruments- how much harder is it to master than the guitar or bass (two instruments I am definitely pro level with)?
  2. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    Hi there, I've had my 8- string Warr guiatr for about a year now, though I don't know about comparative mastery between Warr, guitar, and bass (cause I've mastered none) but it sure is a wonderful sounding instrument. It has as much, if not more, real bass output than my basses, and the upper range is real sweet, even with the 34" scale. I'm actually considering selling this instrument due to lack of money and available time to spend of the instrument. If you are interested in the 8-string Warr vs. the 10- or 12-, then lets talk. this particular instrument can be seen on the Warr Guitars website http://www.warrguitars.com/news.html This is the very exact instrument, and it is the first warr guitar fitted with a piezo-bridge, and let me tell ya, is sounds incredible. You could put nylon strings on it and have classical two hand tap. The body wood is Zebra and the neck is 5-piece Wenge'/Pao Amarillo, and its my understanding that Wenge' is difficult to find nowadays. Oh yeah, its in barely played condition.