1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Experience with Aguilar 4P-60??

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Scott McArron, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Scott McArron

Scott McArron Supporting Member

I've done a ton of searching and have found little info on this pickup either by itself or compared to others.

My current bass is a Fender Am Std P with Original 62 pickup. I have a similar Fender Am Dlx P/J on the way with N3s that I'll probably be replacing with a new P/J pup setup. Looking forward to comparing those two side-by-side, both black/maple 4-strings.

My goal here isn't to find a certain sound, but just want to get an idea of other peoples' experience with the Aguilars compared to other popular P pickups including the Original 62s and maybe the N3s. Just for curiousity's sake. Am thinking of the Aggie P/J set as a possible pup replacement. Like the idea of a set that has been made to work together.

2. jsbarber

jsbarber

Jun 7, 2005
    San Diego
    I installed a 4P-60 on a nice US Lakland Duck Dunn that I bought used (it came to me with a neo pickup in it that I didn't care for). The 4P-60 does a very good job of capturing the vintage P-bass sound. I also have a pre-CBS precision so I am quite familiar with the tonal goal. I don't know anything about the j-sde if you're contemplating a PJ configuration though.

Jim