Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Experience with Delano pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by wyliee, Jun 1, 2004.

1. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
  2. TRIPSTER

TRIPSTER

Aug 13, 2003
    Sulphur LA
    I'm getting some Delano Soapbars soon...Oh yes. Bye-bye Barts. :) Then again...you already asked me! :) ;)

3. Delano's are real nice. I don't own a bass with Delano's but Sandbergs and Clovers come with them and those sound great.

4. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    How are they different from Barts, would you say?

I'm looking for 6-string MM pickups, and they're on the short list of those I've found.

5. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    P.S. where are you buying them from?

6. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    I finally got my Bee Bass. We decided to go with Delano Quad Coils and Aguilar OBP-3. Sounds great. Major beef and punch with zero noise. I don't think the single coil mode has quite as much 'burp' as vintage J P/U's, but they're still pretty good. They're pretty full all the way around.

For someone looking for an alternative to Barts, I'd say try them out.

7. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Cool. I ended up going for some custom Barts on my next bass. They're still not done (no ETA either), so I'm kinda thinking "doh!" maybe I should've ordered some Delano MC6s. Oh well. :cool:

8. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    First off Wylie, your new Bee is soooooooo beautiful!

Is there any way to get us a sound clip? I've been interested in the Delano soapbars for some time now.

9. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    Thanks.

I can try to get something down in the near future. I just got a session booked for later this week, but I don't know if we'll end up with the Bee or my F. I'll be sure to post something when I do.

10. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I look forward to it!