Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Experience with Modulus Neck Pocket Fit

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Waabs, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Waabs

Waabs Employee, Musical Instrument Retail

Aug 1, 2004
    Australia
    I just bought a Modulus Flea and took the neck off because, well, I just wanted to have a look in the neck pocket. To my suprise the fit was very loose - I wouldn't be suprised if none of the sides of the neck were touching the neck pocket. I've always thought it good if the neck and neck pocket fit is as tight as possible.

Is this perculiar to my Modulus?

BTW - I am very happy with the bass.

2. BSR6P-Bob

BSR6P-Bob

Apr 5, 2005
    I briefly had a Modulus Sweetspot 6 that had a nickel thickness gap along the bass side of the pocket. The large pocket may be or may have been a manufacturing norm for them. The neck was fine as long as the screws were good and tight.

3. Groover

Groover

Jun 28, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    From what I've been reading around here, seems as if having a gap around the neck isn't a problem. However, I'm peculiar when it comes to that. I like it when the neck is tight in the pocket... just makes me feel better about the bass, that's all.

4. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    No, it seems to be normal that Modulus has a little spacing.

I dont like that. And since I always shim my necks to add more angle and use the neck totally straight, I used copper foil to fit the neck pocket.