1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Experience with Parts-Express Speaker Repair or recone?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by IntrepidCellist, Apr 15, 2010.

1. IntrepidCellist

IntrepidCellist

Sep 10, 2009
    Manhattan
    http://www.parts-express.com/speakerrepaircenter/index.cfm

I have a pair of borked Eden 1060XLs (creased cones, farting out) that came in a D210XLT that I bought used before I knew what to look for.

These guys do have an entry for this specific speaker, and at $60+shipping per speaker it seems like a cost-effective way to get the cab back up and running rather than buying a pair of new 1060XLs.

Does anyone have any experience with these guys and their repair service?

2. IntrepidCellist

IntrepidCellist

Sep 10, 2009
    Manhattan
    Anyone?

3. Edword

Edword Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Detroitish
    Sorry to say I have no experience with PE's speaker repair service (although I've bought gear from them many times). I've had many speakers serviced by these guys, and their work has been first rate:
    http://www.circuitshop.com/

HTH

4. DukeLeJeune

DukeLeJeune rational romantic mystic cynical idealist Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Princeton, Texas
    Owner & designer, AudioKinesis; Auth. mfg, Big E (Home Audio only)
    I believe Parts Express just introduced their reconing service within the past few weeks, so it's unlikely that many people have tried them yet.

5. Got 2 speakers from an old SWR that need repair, so Im resurrecting this thread to see if nayone has tried PE's repairs yet or to get other recommendations

6. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I've used circuitshop as well. they did a good job for me, and expeditious too.