1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Experience with settings on EBS-1v2 preamp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Djeebass, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Djeebass

Djeebass Guest

Jan 25, 2013
    Just got me an EBS-1v2 preamp and need some advice in adjusting the LP and HP switches at back of this unit. I prefer a filter to reduce the low 'rumble' round 40 Hz and below. How to adjust the LP and HP switches...?

2. unlined4string

unlined4string Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Baltimore County, Md.
    Back panel dip switches #4-8 aren't intended for the type of low pass filtering you have in mind (a rumble filter to remove very low frequencies). They control the cutoff frequency and slope of the active crossover outputs (high pass and low pass outs). These outputs are intended to drive a biamp system (using separate power amp channels and speaker systems for the high pass and low pass outputs). The lowest cutoff frequency available is 70 Hz, which is too high for your purpose.

Good choice by the way. These are great preamps. If you need a PDF of the user manual I'd be happy to send you a copy.

3. Djeebass

Djeebass Guest

Jan 25, 2013
    So the jumpers are not influencing the DI signal...? I already found the manual, but it's really lack of clear instructions on jumper settings. Anyway, don't want to use it in a bi-amp setup, so it doesn't matter at all how to set the jumpers.

4. unlined4string

unlined4string Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Baltimore County, Md.
    The only DI output parameters that are user adjustable are the output level and pre or post EQ and compression.

5. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

Feb 25, 2007
    Sweden
    No possibility to change HP (not LP!) frequency or slope other than on biamp outs. This pre already has a fairly high HP filter frequency of 35Hz. One of its few drawbacks, IMO.