Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Experience with Tokai TW-77?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by subab, Apr 22, 2004.

1. subab

subab

Apr 19, 2004
    Toronto, CA
    I saw a brand new Tokai TW-77 on ebay going for a killer price. Does anyone have experience with this bass? I understand that this is one of the new Tokai basses and the TW-77 is apparently the top model they offer. I cannot find any information online other than from the company's official website... (which doesn't look too professional to me.)

2. from what i heard someone took over the tokai name and is putting out new instruments out under that name and they dont live up to the standard set by the 80's tokais, which were quality instruments... i dont remember where i heard this but i think something was mentioned about it on the forum... try searching for tokai ebay and it may come up

3. subab

subab

Apr 19, 2004
    Toronto, CA
    Yeah, I saw the post too. I was wondering if someone has actual playing experience with it. Even if the new ones might not live up to the standard of the old company, are they still worth buying?

4. how much is it and do you have to pay for shipping from japan?

5. if its the one on ebay id pass on it, its definately one of the new ones... at that price you arent far away from buying the actual bass that it looks like thats copying a spector ns2000 neck thru

6. subab

subab

Apr 19, 2004
    Toronto, CA