Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Experimental Music at your Fingertips

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by Marc Decho, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Hi All, boy i'm having a great time here, what's better then hangin' out with a bunch of contrabassists ? that's right ! nuttin' !!! just wanted to give you all a great link for some fantastic music http://www.roulette.org/ will connect you with a massive audio/video library of NYC musicians, there's some great Mark Dresser, William Parker, Robert Black stuff on here, Dresser's got one called Tributes and Transformations where he plays one of my favourite solo bass pieces called "Bacachao" a tribute to the great Cachao as well as making reference to the Bach "Chaccone"...if you like experimental music this site will keep you busy for months... enjoy.

2. there's definately tons and tons of unheard names, just a quick note incase your looking for the Mark Helias stuff, when you click his name it shows somebody else, I already e-mailed the good folks at roulette and they say they'll post his sets on the site ASAP....Enjoy