1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Experimental Song. Give me your opinion?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by santucci218, Mar 23, 2013.

1. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
  2. Exploiter8

Exploiter8 Demons run when a good man goes to war

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest
    Commercial FREE!
    I don't understand the need for the minute of over-modulation. Sounded like a kazoo. Drums, especially snare, sounded too digital or mechanical. It had a bit of older Genesis to it at times. I say drop the distorted middle or come up with a different bridge between the two halves and then you'll have a keeper!

X8

3. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Haha, thank you! It's meant to be an experimental piece though, not a run of the mill song.

4. Exploiter8

Exploiter8 Demons run when a good man goes to war

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest
    Commercial FREE!
    I'll give a proper listen through earbuds later. I just have the cr@ppy phone speaker now.

I will say that it's still running through my head...and that's not a bad thing! I couldn't make out the lyrics, earbuds should help with that, too.

X8

5. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Thank you. Let me know what you think if you have time to listen through headphones.

6. I actually liked it. I listened to it the whole way through which, for me, says a lot - if it doesn't grab me in the first 20 seconds, I bail on it. Sort of a "Grateful Dead plays lounge music" kind of vibe.