1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Expired infractions

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Tony G, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Just over one month ago I recieved 2 infraction points for posting a link to a wiki page that explained content deemed unsuitable for talkbass. It was a simple mistake and meant no malice, yet I recieved an infraction anyways. The infraction points have since expired, yet I still have to look at the line of infraction in my profile? If the infraction has expired, why must I be reminded everyday of a simple misunderstanding that put a mark against my character here at talkbass?

2. I agree with you X.

3. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Only you can see those infractions (and admins). Nobody else knows about them (unless they're reading this thread). This goes for everyone else, including non-expired infractions.

4. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I understand that, but seeing it in my profile is like having a tattoo of an ex-girlfriend's name that you'd rather forget. You see it every day, and you just wish it was gone. Obviously this is a little more dramatic than an online infraction, but you get the idea.

5. Yes, I know they can't be seen by anyone but me and mods. But what if I don't want to see them.

Wait....I think I know the answer...."don't get 'em". And that is a good answer. But, is there anyway for only mods to see them after they expire?

6. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Personally, I just want it wiped from my record, kind of like how a first offense misdemeanor is wiped from your record after certain amount of time?