explain Mark Bass cabinet product line(s)?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Swiss Frank, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Swiss Frank

Swiss Frank

Dec 29, 2016
    I'm confused at the Ninjas, Travellers, New Yorks, etc.

Are any of these the top line, budget line, light-weight line, etc.? Their web site lacks any kind of overview.

2. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Nope, just lots of variety fishing for the right buyer.

Swiss Frank likes this.
  3. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    I find I generally like the sound of the NY cabs for whatever reason and I believe the Ninjas are based on those. I could be wrong. I find I like some of the standard and traveler cabs but they are hit or miss for me.

Swiss Frank likes this.
  4. GMC

GMC

Jan 1, 2006
    Wiltshire, UK
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Markbass product lines. There is no precise top, mid and bottom tier gear. It's all a bit confused with artist endorsed wish lists. The NY series was supposed to be the small and light range....then they brought out the Traveller and then the Ninja range which also do pretty much the same thing.
    The NY range of cabs seem to have piezo tweeters that sound pretty shrill to my ears. But the cabs are well made and the drivers are good and bassy. The Micro Mark are intended for practice and home use. The Traveller range seem to use the same drivers as the NY versions but are in a slightly bigger box with a proper Horn tweeter. The Ninja range I can't seem to work out what they are...and then there's the regular range too...
    I think it's amusing that they currently have about 4 different 4x10 offerings that all seem to be basically the same thing.

I get the impression, their marketing model isn't centered around web site spec sheets, but going to a store and trying what's there and buying what works for you. Wide scale supply seems to be where Markbass are at.

Swiss Frank and abarson like this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 22, 2022