1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

explain what this says about me

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by James_B, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Every girl I've dated so far has had an ex-boy friend, who was a "somebody" ie (hockey star in the OHL now drafted in the NHL, Captins of the high school Football team and finaly a Ph'd Chemist. Further more these girls all had guy friends all in the same league.

Me a run of the mill no nothing white boy, who is shy and enjoy normal stuff, is, how do you say? Intimidated by these ex's and guy pals. The problem is I'm only 19, so these kind of problems are new to me. Infact lately everything has been new to me.

I haven't talked to anyone in RL about this subject for the simple fact I don't want anyone to know.

Are these girls just trying something alittle less high maintenance?

Am I less mascline then these dudes?

Do I set my standards to high?

Basically ***?

James_B

2. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    Either you are destined for great things, or they have you confused with somebody else.

3. They must know you play bass ;)

4. David1234

David1234

Jun 1, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: SWR Amplifiers
    They got dumped and are rebounding? And you're the 'safe' guy?

(It sucks being the safe guy)

5. true.

6. eedre

eedre

Feb 26, 2007
    St. Louis,MO
    Sounds like she has a case of the I-need-to-try-something-different's

But don't listen to me - my opinion is usually 100% opposite from everyone elses here.

7. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    What are you worried about? You're the "bad news," worthless loser that nice guys are always complaining about hot chicks going for.

You're in the catbird seat man. Embrace it.

8. I don't know you, but this is what I'd bet. Don't be intimidated. In fact, don't even think about it. They're dating you for a reason. The end.

Mike

9. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst

Jun 4, 2008
    they're looking for someone who isnt a d***head.

10. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    You must have a really big... ermmm... sense of self confidence!

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Has any of them ever told you why they ended the relationship with you? Instead of asking us to guess, just ask one of them.

Some women like to sample. They prefer to check out a few different types of men before they pick one they trust to settle down with.

-Mike

12. mfgl

mfgl

Jul 1, 2008
    Altoona PA
    Dont get hung up on why. It will ruin it. If you arent being used for anything that you can tell, then enjoy yourself and try to have fun, maybe she will have fun to and youll be happy. Everyone feels this way from time to time, even those other guys are sometimes jealous of a regular guy who is witty and scores the same girls as them without the prestige. Just go with it....ps every girl i ever gone out with make their exes sound better then they really are unless they were abused by them, its a little power play.

13. mfgl

mfgl

Jul 1, 2008
    Altoona PA
    How old are these chicks if your 19? they are old enough to date a phd? and a pro hocky player...isnt a phd 6-8 years of school? These girls were dating 25+ year olds in their pasts? Maybe they were just being used by older aholes and now want a relationship with someone compatible.

14. Maybe you look like someone famous? Have you told them your name/occupation yet? If not, I would recommend against doing so.

15. CrashBang

CrashBang

Jan 1, 2008
    Newton, MA
    What's the matter with us Deadheads? We don't just date hippie chicks that don't shave their legs or pits. Sometimes we actually date hot chicks.

16. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    Maybe you are "somebody"? You play bass! :bassist:

17. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    hit 'em & quit 'em, before they find out :D

18. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I sense a little bit of the old "double standard"....?

So if a man has lot of previous partners that makes him "experienced" , a "man of the world" etc.

All sorts of positive things.

Whereas a woman with the same experience is seen in a very negative light...?

19. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Basically, You're 19. Stop worrying and live life. :)

20. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    +1 true

When I was that age I didn't wonder why girls broke up with me, I was concerned with getting the next one.

(Sometimes it was the following gig :D)
    Ah, good times, good times,...

And I still had hair. :atoz: