explain your Username!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by lowb, Aug 17, 2000.

1. lowb

Jul 27, 2000
    London, UK
    I've seen some pretty strange usernames, and was just wondering what some of them mean. Call me nosey but What are your reasons for your Username?
    I'm a bit of a 5 string fan hence mine "lowb"

You don't have to reply, if you don't want to, I was just a bit bored, like, ya know.
  2. Well, I tried to register as Mike but the name was already taken. I then remembered my old school nickname “Spike” that matched my hair style. :D
  3. frost13

Apr 12, 2000
    For the record.....It does NOT mean..that I am a 13 year old who likes Robert Frost......:)
  4. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    My new amp will be the SWR Mo' Bass...(I've ordered it, probably will get it next month.)
  5. ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Onyx was the working name of a band that I was putting together at the time that I registered with TalkBass.
    I thought it had a nice ring to it.

May 29, 2000
    hooksett NH USA
    J H Mavro
    First initial, Middle, and first half of my last name. Creative hu???? What about Biski???????
  7. This is my actual name!
    I just never thought to make up a screen name.
  8. blip = stereolap/electronic inklings
    dub = dub/simple deep grooves

It's a lo fi/high fi kind of thing. that's what i thought at the time anyway.

Jonathan is just so....stiff
    AKA: Scooter J. Carlise
    Jonny K. Wilde

[Edited by blipndub on 08-17-2000 at 09:18 AM]
  9. lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Mine's my name, or at least part of it (although most people add a "y" on the end). Nuthin' special.
  10. Ktulu

May 8, 2000
    My name is from a song called "The Call of Ktulu" by Metallica (my favorite band of all time). :D
  11. dheat

Feb 5, 2000
    Mine's the first initial plus the first four letters of my last name. Compuserve wouldn't give me anything else I tried. I do not actually consider myself 'da heat'.
  12. I think I've been fuquaed
  13. ~Loxley~

~Loxley~ Guest

Apr 9, 2000
    Well, my name is Robin. Those of you who know the story about Robin Hood (duh!) will know that Loxley was his real sirname. Also... I have given my old Legend bass the appropriate name: Marion :D

~Loxley~ (I'm a guy ;))
  14. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Farley is the name of my Chocolate Lab.

15. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    my bass is a Fender Jazz so i put that in front of my nickname = FenderJazzCam
  16. Player

Dec 27, 1999
    USA Cincinnati, OH
    I though Loxley was a town or something :confused: Wasn't it Robin of Loxley?
    My name was taken by the admin. so I had to search for a suitable replacement. There were many considerations involved in the endevor. I needed a name that I could remember yet wouldn't be offensive so "yuadablomie" was out. It also needed to convey a message and have a certain amount of integrity. Lastly, I thought it should say something about what I like to do...play bass. I thought about Bassplayer, but since that was taken by the magazine I didn't want to risk copyright infringement or anything so I shortened it to Player. It was also a name that I had used numerous times at other venues, so it seemed the logical choice. :D
  17. ross

ross Guest

Mar 17, 2000
    well it all started back in 1984........ then my mom gave birth to a ten and a haf pound baby and thought you know what i gonna name this kid Ross.So one of the most imortant choices of my life was choosen by my mom before i was able to tell her what name i wanted some how that seems unfair? but, eventually i forgiven my mom due to some story about birth certificates and the names not that bad
  18. mine is from the very old pink panther cartoon's not the movies, but when it used to be a tv cartoon. in more then one episode, when the pink panther was in alaska, there was this short little eskamo dude, and he was selling frozen seal pop's, and he would annoy the hell out of the pink panther, and he would always chant "me muttluk!" so i've used this s/n for mail, talkbass, aim, everything. later i found out theres a http://www.muttluks.com take a look, quite odd.
  19. When we changed boards a couple times ago I had a diferent user name and the board would not accept it so in the heat of the moment I became bassdude the first name to cross my mind.
  20. What's there to explain? It's my name, first and last. I am scotish and damn proud of it!

Rock on