1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Exploraudio H-Clamp For Sale

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by richhansen, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richhansen

richhansen Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Utah
    Endorser of the KSM Foundation Bridge.
    For Sale is my H-Clamp in like new condition. $90 shipped to continental US.

Purchased from Bob Gollihur for $119, and only gigged with it twice. See details at

http://www.gollihurmusic.com/product/1673-H_CLAMP_LIGHT_UPRIGHT_BASS_AND_CELLO_MICROPHONE_MOUNT.html

PM Me, or email me directly at richhansenmsi@hotmail.com

The H-Clamp is a very sophisticated adjustable instrument microphone mounting device, with models available for Upright Bass, Cello, and Guitar, all of which may be suitable for other, similarly sized acoustic instruments (review size specifications here or elsewhere on the site to compare to your instrument).

This clever, well-made unit solves the problem, using a clamp that echoes the design of the traditional luthier's edge clamp (cramp). This anchors the microphone firmly in place using the edge of the instrument as the contact point, to avoid damping the instrument's natural vibrations. You can use just about any mic (while lighter is better, the manual offers suggestions for safely using larger/heavier mics) be it large or small diaphragm, condenser or dynamic -- the H-Clamp is compatible with any standard mic clip or suspension mount. The maneuverability of both the clamp and arm allows virtually any preferred placement, as well as the ability to locate it so as not to interfere with the player's motions.

2. Sold yet?

3. No answer = close thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.