Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

explorer bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by king_truffle, Jul 29, 2001.

1. king_truffle

king_truffle

Apr 4, 2001
    Oshkosh WI
    Hey everyone, I once saw a bass that had the 'explorer' style body and I was wondering if anyone knows who makes it or anything like that. I wish I could explain what explorer style body is but I think that everyone knows it. Any help would be nice, thanks.

2. 72beetle

72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Gibson makes 'em, and you can almost always find 4 or 5 of 'em on sale at ebay. I think they're cool looking, very Def Leppard : )

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Epiphone makes less expensive reproductions of the Gibson originals, and Alembic made a couple for John Entwistle.

4. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I own a USA made Hamer Blitz, Explorer shaped. They also made (make?) a cheaper imported version. The USA model is the only one I have experience with and it's a quality instrument. I see both versions pop up on ebay every now and then.

5. Hey I just bought a brand new Epi Explorer and will give a full review on it in a week or two, you know once I break it in:D.