1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

explorer bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by king_truffle, Jul 29, 2001.

1. king_truffle

king_truffle

Apr 4, 2001
    Oshkosh WI
    Hey everyone, I once saw a bass that had the 'explorer' style body and I was wondering if anyone knows who makes it or anything like that. I wish I could explain what explorer style body is but I think that everyone knows it. Any help would be nice, thanks.

2. 72beetle

72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Gibson makes 'em, and you can almost always find 4 or 5 of 'em on sale at ebay. I think they're cool looking, very Def Leppard : )

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Epiphone makes less expensive reproductions of the Gibson originals, and Alembic made a couple for John Entwistle.

4. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I own a USA made Hamer Blitz, Explorer shaped. They also made (make?) a cheaper imported version. The USA model is the only one I have experience with and it's a quality instrument. I see both versions pop up on ebay every now and then.

5. Hey I just bought a brand new Epi Explorer and will give a full review on it in a week or two, you know once I break it in:D.