Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

explorer/buzzard stlye bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gingerfish, Apr 15, 2005.

1. can people post pictures and sudgest some more of these, have seen warwicks, gibsons, status, old ibanez....just curious if there are any others, post all pics, even if i have mentioned them, thanks
    Jon

2. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Are you considering getting one? I had an Explorer-style guitar once, and let me tell you, the neck dive on that thing... I can't imagine what it would be like on a bass.

3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Well, you're aware of the Gibson, but since you asked for pictures, here you go:

[​IMG]

4. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    My Explorer bass actually has a slight bit of "reverse neck dive", where the body is so heavy, it causes the neck to want to pivot up. But, with any sort of friction at all between shirt/shoulder and strap, it is not a problem.

Tom.

P.S.
    Go for a Gibson, if you can find one! These are really nice sounding and playing basses.

5. abngourmet

abngourmet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2004
    USA
    Here's an Alembic Spyder. I have one, number 7 of 50 being produced. It's modeled on John Entwistle's basses.

Alan

6. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Oh, man, that is nice! Can you PM me regarding what they are asking for those?

Thanks, Tom.

7. Hey ta for that, what is the bass pictured in your avatar?