1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Explorer style basses!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pyrohaz, Apr 28, 2009.

1. pyrohaz

pyrohaz

Apr 28, 2009
    Cheshire, UK
    Hey guys, do you know anywhere that I would be able to buy an explorer style bass in the UK, I was considering a Dean Z But im really not fondon the headstocks of Deans, there just so big... I know I could replace the neck but that would just add to the final cost :meh:. I read one of your other threads about the westfield explorer style bass and popped them an email asking if they still made 'em so hoping for a reply!
    :help:

Cheers

2. You could look on eBay for an Ibanez Destroyer, Hamer Blitz, Aria Pro II Explorer, Jackson Kelly (I think there's a KBX up right now that looks pretty sick), or something like that. Every once in a while an Epiphone Explorer pops up, too.

Or you could also get a brand new LTD Explorer. Those things look fun as hell, although I've never played one.

3. pyrohaz

pyrohaz

Apr 28, 2009
    Cheshire, UK
    Hey, I searched on eBay for all of them models And couldn't find any within my price range im afraid :( Believe it or not, I recently got a new Warwick Rockbass streamer but its really not my kind of bass. I have always wanted an Explorer and I would willingly sell my rockbass for one of any brand! I know how to fit new pickups etc so I can upgrade if required. Do you know anywhere else I can get one for ~£180?