1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Expression pedal setup

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by NoFiller, Jan 7, 2017.

1. NoFiller

NoFiller Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2016
    This is a really n00by question, but i am having trouble setting up my filters with an expression pedal. I had T1M make me a modded buffered EBVP Jr that can toggle between a vol pedal and an expression pedal. however, I cannot get the expression feature to function with any of my envelope filters though the volume sweep works just fine. Swapping between a Xerograph Deluxe, EHX Qballs Enigma, Moogerfooger LPF, and Wonderlove Deluxe. Each of these pedals has an EXP port but nomatter how i patch between the EBVP and the envelopes, no expression sweep happens. Perhaps im wiring them together wrong? Here are some photos of what im working with...do i need to be using TRS cables? Currently running TS audio cabls between bass, pedals, and amp. Tried most configs but i figured it would go:

Bass > envelope "in", envelope "out" > EBVP "in", and then the expression mod port in EBVP out to EXP port in envelope. What jack should run to the amp? Am i at risk of frying a pedal thru misconnecting? Moog pedal a bit tricky with the multiple jack ports. Please help!

Attached Files:

2. NoFiller

NoFiller Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2016
    I searched forum for pedal wiring configs but didnt find what i was looking for. Is already a thorough thread on this please point me in the right direction rather than having to repeat Here

3. The moogerfooger manual online says it needs a TRS cable and has some specifics for the pot in the expression pedal. My guess is the others need a TRS cable also but someone else may correct me.