1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Expression pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bassmike62, May 5, 2010.

1. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Punch'n Ooomph provider Supporting Member

'Evening,

I recently got a Boss FT-2 (in mint condition !) and am considering getting an expression pedal. This would enable me to also use the Ft-2 as a wah pedal in addition to its enveloppe filter capabilities.

As I understand it, the Roland EV-5 is best suited for this particular purpose.

Any other suggestions ?

2. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    M-Audio EX-P
    Moog EP-2
    Line 6 EX-1
    Rocktron HEX
    and my personal favorite, the Toneczar expression pedal (able to be made to Moog specs) Expensive? Hell yes! Worth it? It's a rehoused Ernie Ball Volume pedal, it'll last forever. I used to own one before I changed out to Eventide pedals which I can just use a regular Ernie Ball Volume Pedal as an expression pedal for. Otherwise, I'd still totally have one. :)
    Oh, you can also send in your own EBVP to be modded as that is what I did. Significantly reduced the price as I purchased a broken EBVP to be modded.

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Wahs generally have a shorter sweep than a lot of expression pedals (including the EV-5). Just something to consider if you're getting one primarily as a wah so you don't wear your ankle out. Mission Engineering also has a great line of expression pedals.

4. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    the boss fv500 H is a combined vol / exp. has great sweep and is pretty much bombproof!
    I've tweaked mine to feel pretty close in operation to the EB (adjustable treadle)

5. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Punch'n Ooomph provider Supporting Member

Thx guys, I'll look these up. Since the FT-2 is a Boss pedal, I'm a bit partial to the EV-5 and the FV 500, but I'll check out the others as well.

BTW, that FT-2 is one subtle little duck, isn't it... I have a hard time figuring out settings that really work for me.