1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Exquisite Bass. How are they compared to Glarry Bass ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by B-Mac, Jun 17, 2019.

1. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    A2020E64-8B95-41CF-97B1-815084A2CE29.
    Absolutely how I feel about it. Once I got it dialed I love it!

Ronzo likes this.
  2. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    I agree with this fully! I bought mine to go a tinkerin’ !:laugh:

B-Mac and Ronzo like this.
  3. B-Mac

B-Mac Sorting Things Out Supporting Member

I got the same message

4. GHunt

GHunt

Jun 27, 2019
    If you look up who owns the domain glarrymusic.com , it is registerd by Yall Inc. (| ICANN WHOIS) . Yall Inc is based in New Jersey/New York. Yall Inc has an eBay store that sells the basses both unbranded and with the Glarry logo. In fact you can still get the $67 dollar yellow P Bass with Glarry logo from their eBay store ( New Musicians Electric P Style Bass Guitar + Cord + Wrench Tool Yellow | eBay ) and save yourself a few bucks instead of going to Glarrymusic.com for the same bass. There are tons of other eBay sellers like Worldokit, city-green, and others who are all selling both Glarry and unbranded bass guitars, and is it coincidence everyone single one of these companies are all shipping from Dayton, New Jersey? So it appears that they are all just the same company with multiple store fronts selling the same stuff from the same factory.

I still can't seem to trace where they source their instruments from. I've checked dhgate, alibaba, made-in-china.com , and nothing obvious comes up.

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  5. Ohabanero

Ohabanero

May 17, 2019
    So does anyone recognize this headstock shape from any other brand basses out there in the 250-400 dollar range? I would bet these are being made and finished/setup a bit better and someone else is reselling after a different logo is attached but this is only speculation. Could also be they're just cornering the bottom dollar market and that's it. (Maybe theres enough demand thats all they do) Makes me wonder though if you can't find anything on them maybe they're on a gag order to protect whatever brand names they're selling under. Heck they could even be making the headstock cut different on the higher quality necks they're putting out. Just a thought. Guys in this factory who make necks are probably on a learning curve and the newbie necks might end up Glarry Exquisite or unstamped until they get better at it. Once a neck guy/or gal is in the swing of things maybe the fit and finish improves and they sell those off to the highest bidder name brands who market cheap basses in the more normal price ranges we see here in the USA from Asian sources. I'd imagine necks are the most costly portion of this instrument what with wood selection, truss installation and fretwork. Really the rest of the thing is a piece of cake in manufacturing processes.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  6. B-Mac

I asked Glarry about the no name basses to through their website. This is how they responded:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The bass sold in wish and eBay are different from Glarry Official Site, and we don't know what the difference is in materials and craftsmanship. But our Glarry instruments will be marked at the head position.

Secondly, we give the following three points regarding the price rise:

1. In order to better protect the bass, we have upgraded the packaging

2. The brand has strict control over the process and materials

3. The brand service is more guaranteed, please trust us. In addition, this is our discount code: G5

Glarry Official Team

7. That discount code will get you a few bucks off. I used it on both my purchases.

EatS1stBassist and B-Mac like this.
  8. GHunt

GHunt

Jun 27, 2019
    Since 'Yall Inc' runs the glarrymusic.com domain, I decided to drill down further. They also own(ed) a ton of other seller domains, most of which have expired and defunct. I do not think its coincidence that the ebay seller 'city-green', is also in the domain list of defunct websites owned by what appears to be Yall Inc. They had a domain called citygreendeal.com . If you tie in the email addresses linked to 'Yall Inc' to what other domains they own I noticed that yoshioe.com is run by the same people apparently. Isn't it funny they also offer this bass that looks exactly like the Glarry (headstock included): https://www.amazon.com/Yoshioe-Elec...words=Yoshioe&qid=1561767723&s=gateway&sr=8-2

Check this list of other domains registered by Yall Inc. Yall Inc - Reverse Whois
    That also includes WorldoKit.com, which I previously mentioned is an eBay page now that sells Glarry basses! You'll see mentions of "tmart" in that list. Well, what a surprise that they sell Glarry too! Music Guitar Electric Guitar Green w/ Shoulder Strap - Burning Fire Style

So when they told B-Mac "The bass sold in wish and eBay are different from Glarry Official Site, and we don't know what the difference is in materials and craftsmanship. But our Glarry instruments will be marked at the head position. " I am very skeptical that is the case. I find it hard to believe that all of these websites are all tied to the same emails/domains of Yall Inc and they all happen to sell the same exact stuff.

9. GHunt

GHunt

Jun 27, 2019
    Here seems to be the (or one of many) distributors of their strat guitars that have the lightning bolt and red tribal patterns. Compare the headstock as well as the 'measurement' pictures between this site and Glarry's official page. Exact same font and measurements. Only difference is the headstock is black.

Lightning Style Electric Guitar With Power Cord Strap Bag Plectrums - Buy Electric Guitar With Power,Lightning Style Electric Guitar,Electric Guitar With Bag Product on Alibaba.com

Glarry GST-E Rosewood Fingerboard Electric Guitar Zebra Stripes Black Red Blue - Glarrymusic

They also sell the same metal themed guitar without Glarry brand. EXACT SAME

Professional Flame Type Electronic Guitar Guitar Bag Pick Bar Black - Buy Electronic Guitar,Guitar With Bag,Black Electronic Guitar Product on Alibaba.com

10. Your point being?

On the Alibaba link in your post, there is a minimum order quantity of 2 units. The price drops significantly on quantities over 99 units.

It isn’t unusual to have distributors have a “private label” on products they sell. In the 60s, it was a common practice for a variety of Japanese guitars to have stick-on labels on the headstock. The distributor needs to order a certain Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) to have this done at the factory. Customized packaging is also available at a certain MOQ.

Please don’t be outraged at what has been, for decades, normal import business practices.

11. GHunt

GHunt

Jun 27, 2019
    I understand that. My original unstated point is from our end, the end user client with cash, when we are buying Glarry basses, and we see eBay/Wish/Amazon selling similar looking basses, we may think we are buying from a different company and getting a better deal, even if we are aware it is the same bass without a brand on it. However, it is just one company with different store fronts, cornering the market, like talkbass user Ohabanero said. So ultimately, we are giving our money to the same person. That may not surprise anyone, but my point is at least providing evidence that may be the case, and you all take it for what it is.

Does it really matter in the end, if you are finding the best deal you can, even if its the same company? I guess not, but if I'm right about all these tie-ins of it all being the same company, it is a bit annoying they have so many smoke and mirrors offering the same product. It's a great business plan by Yall Inc, because they get all the money regardless, but for us consumers, we have to be smart about it. I like to think I'm doing everyone a favor to at least be aware of the situation when you buy Glarry, because before all of this, I assume many like myself, were making a decision in not buying the cheapest unbranded one on eBay because we thought it was a different bass entirely, although similar. So I potentially could have gone to the Glarry storefront and spent a few more dollars under the guise that it was a better company with better customer service and policy. And if I am correct about all of this, it is also annoying that Glarry told B-Mac information to the contrary. Unless I get that evidence to the contrary, I don't believe that is the case. Just be smart consumers when it comes to these basses. Also, these posts I have made are good for anyone else who Googles or researches Glarry instruments, and stumbles upon these forums.

I also had a lot of fun researching and finding all the clues and tie ins, so even if no one cares, I had a good time :)

wraub and EatS1stBassist like this.
  12. We’re all cool, @GHunt .:)

In my last career before I retired a couple of years ago, I was responsible for contract manufacture of electronics I specified/designed. I preferred to utilize Taiwanese companies rather than mainland Chinese companies; the overall quality was better. But the Chinese had gotten a lot better by the time my career was over.

IMO, knowing nothing for sure, I don’t believe that any one company is making these inexpensive basses from “cradle to grave”. I think it’s more likely that the necks are processed separately, the fingerboards and fretting are processed separately, and the necks are assembled WITHOUT drilling out the holes for the tuners. The complete (but unloaded) necks are then sold to an assembler, who then buys standard body shapes from another producer, along with loaded pickguards and/or control plates from still another producer. Tuner hardware, string trees, bridge assemblies, knobs, etc. from other suppliers, and accessories like cables and Allen keys from someone else altogether. The “manufacturer” (actually the assembler) puts the instrument together to different specs (for example, 20 fret and 21 fret necks require different mounting points for the tuners and bridge assemblies), strings it up, sets the action and intonation to the specifications, performs a rudimentary QC check at each stage of assembly, and ships finished goods to a variety of distribution channels. These channels may or may not do a Quality Assurance (QA) function of some sort before shipment to their warehouses worldwide. The assembler may or may not make a limited number of parts available to a distributor for possible rework of damaged or faulty goods. More likely, they’ll ship 105 to 110 percent of the volume the distributor pays for to avoid warranty claims. And if the distributor is able to sell those as good merchandise, that’s pure profit for them, less the fees to “land” products at the Port of Entry.

That explains much of what has happened to members of our community who have bought these inexpensive instruments. And why warranty claims are so difficult to resolve.

I entered into my two purchases understanding this business model beforehand.

13. B-Mac

Samick and Cor-Tek make more guitars than any other manufacturer in the world.

Some for their own brand and some for so many other brands.

Why is it okay for all these other well known brands but an issue when it comes to this little basically intro type bass guitar for beginners that actually happens to be decent. I can see this being used for young kids and older advanced players who want to modify it a bit. For $56 or $64 or $79 or whatever it is next month I think I’m gonna bite the bullet and try one out.

Entry level basses back in the 70’s were no where near as good as these. I think it’s great for kids who want an entry level instrument without being a no name bass even if it is the same as a no name bass

That’s just my take on it. These obviously don’t threaten Fender or Gibson or Rickenbacker or Gretsch or Guild or Ibanez or or or or

You get the idea

They are what they are and they are surprisingly not bad for the price

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    Ronzo and EatS1stBassist like this.
  14. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Painting pickguard!:) To Match Headstock!:) 6DABA73B-7523-4E8C-A90D-695D4EA10ABE. E50E4DD2-9536-4345-9FF4-ECF78BDFFECA.

wraub, Ronzo and B-Mac like this.
  15. B-Mac

Cool

Mod the crap out of it!

16. B-Mac

I posted a Cort bass a couple pages back and the headstock shape looks identical

17. B-Mac

Well, it's been a week and 3 days today that I received my Glarry Burlywood Precision Bass and I have to say that I am a believer. I am simply amazed. Not a sharp fret on this baby. No flaws on the finish and the back of the neck is satin finish like I prefer them to be. The neck is straight as an arrow with no buzzing...quite playable out of the box. Width at nut is 1.67", 0.86" front to back C shape and 1.03" at 12th fret transition to D shape.

The pups were very quiet and I raised them up a bit and they did get louder, but they seem to be low output. No noise. The knobs were great with no static and firm to turn.

For an entry level bass this thing is simply amazing. It is also about 6.5 lbs. on my analog 'health-o-meter' bath scale. Very light, so this is also worth looking into for gigging musicians with some back issues who know how to do some minor mods.

It shipped from a New Jersey warehouse to my front door in two days via Fed-Ex. Really quick!

Buy Cheap Electric Guitar, Glarry Electric Guitars for Sale - Glarry

Glarry GP Electric Bass Guitar White Black Red Yellow Blue Sunset Burlywood - Glarrymusic

IMG_4186.JPG IMG_4188.JPG IMG_4190.JPG IMG_4192.JPG IMG_4194.JPG IMG_4196.JPG IMG_4198.JPG IMG_4200.JPG IMG_4202.JPG IMG_4204.JPG IMG_4206.JPG IMG_4210.JPG
    Also came with cord and 2 allen wrenches

I think I might jump on the Black Jazz style bass next!
    Or maybe the Burlywood Jazz available in August?

18. B-Mac

So what does this look like now? You left us hanging
    upload_2019-7-8_10-52-35.

19. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    3B7844C3-1A4F-4F15-9178-3ECB6C2FFDC5. Done! I love it!

JRA, wraub, G19Tony and 2 others like this.