Ext cab for a Peavey Bam 210?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TampaBlues, Feb 19, 2004.

1. TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    I can pick up a cheap Peavey 210 cab in my area to add under my Bam 210, my question.... I know it will increase the watts but would it do much towards expanding the overall quality of the Tone (increaseing the bottom end) or should I pass and wait until a decent 15" cab comes my way?
  2. If it's the Pro 210 I would say "do it". If not then you might want to wait until something nicer comes along. The TVX cab (guessing) is all right, but it would do little to "improve" your sound quality. If your only concern was to get louder you might go for it. On the other hand a quality 2x10 (8 ohm) from any manufacturer would be an excellent match, as would a quality 15. My $0.02
  3. Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    The speaker cab in the BAM210 is 4 ohm.

Add another 4 ohm (the BAM goes down to 2 ohm easily) cab.

I would add either a 410 or a 15 cab for a more full sounding bottom end. There is no option to bi-map...it's all full range.

I've had both a Peavey 15" and a 410TXF under the BAM and it is loud and sounds great. I don't know about adding another 210 cab though. You could always try it though (but make sure it is a 4 ohm cab).
  4. TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    Thanks for the response, and the remeinder of the ohms. :smug:
  5. TheLarch

TheLarch Supporting Member

I actually have a BAM210 that is being shipped to me as we speak (write?) - that of itself is actual proof that the "Wanted To Buy" forum here actually works. I'm going to try and see how the Bam sounds with Avatar B210 and a SWR Goliath Jr. III cabs that I have. Both are 8 ohms so it could be a bit of an unbalanced load (2.67 ohms) but I *think* it should be ok. I'll let you know how they sound. My gut take at this stage, not having "A vs. B'd" them yet is to hold on to the Avatar and just sell the SWR or swap it for a decent 12" cab.

Having previously compared the 2 cabs teamed with my Ampeg SVT-3Pro is that they both sound really good with the SWR being a bit more bassy and the Avatar having more mid-punch (which I think leads to people thinking that they sound "louder"). Can't go wrong either way and an Avatar B210 might just be a good cheap option for you.