Extended range bassist. com forums hacked!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BASSBOOST, Jan 28, 2006.

1. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Yeah, I just saw that :rollno:

I couldn't get on for the last few days, don't know what the thrill is for the J/O's that do this kind of thing :mad:

I hope they can get back on line soon, it's a cool site and will get better as time goes on ............
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Oh my....that is bad. All the Muslim stuff, the war footage and audio. I'm thinking it is some piece of white trash trying to promote anti-Muslim feelings. What a jerk.

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    THAT my friends is why forum software needs updating ALL the time. I've had that happen a couple places from not keeping up to date with patches. It just takes a couple manual MySQL fixes to get it back up. Sometimes you loose an admin user ID in the process.
  4. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Was it hacked by "JacoPnlyN33d3d4"?

brad cook
  5. Wow. A great example of convincing yourself of whatever you want to believe, right there.
  6. LOL :D

btw, Jaco needed 6, he just only had 4. :p
  7. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    hope that never happens to TB...
  8. elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi

The admin has been out of town for a couple of days. He'll probably get it straightened up ASAP when he gets back.

It would be an idea to keep the phpBB up-to-date, yes, to keep these silly things from happening. Annoying too.
  9. That's an old script kiddie hack. They just haven't updated the bbs software there in a while. Something similar happened to another forum that I was on. It was patched ages ago, I think. You have to update to get the patches though and many people don't or don't know how.

- Dave
  10. Also, if anybody else here gets a nigerian 419 scam from a Yahoo address sent to your ERB screen name, let me know. I just got one today.

- Dave
  11. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I get about 20-30 419s a week to every e-mail I have. Kinda payback for spending a few months "falling" for it and wasting their time. That was fun. Now I just delete anything that comes from Princess So-And-So.

One of these days Prince (as in "and the New Power Generation") is going to wake up to my mad Bass Skilz and offer me a spot in his band, but since his e-mail will be prince@ NPG.com I'll just delete it automatically, That's why you'll never hear about me getting famous. DANM 419'ers!!!:D
  12. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Just don't delete anything from the pink princess.

brad cook

13. +1...

I'm Muslim, and trust me, not many Muslims know what a bass actually is. Using your own god's name in doing something wrong is just... wrong! I dont think a Muslim would do that, unless if it was one of terrorists, and I dont think a terrorist would hack a bass forum, he would more likely hack some military bass or something. It could be a Muslim, but it would more likely be someone else.
  14. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

maybe they mistook an ERB's fretboard for an aircraft carrier?

15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

16. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    After a bit of searching (if the hacker is using the same name), he is from turkey. He tends to attack older BBS systems, and pretty much is a one trick pony. He probably read an article on it, and searches for forums to try it on with Google. Not really a hacker (in the true sense of the word), but a malicious cracker.
  17. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    script kiddie... someone ran a hack script. An old one to boot.
  18. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Maybe it was Jeff Berlin...or HUB :ninja:

Bassist4life, can you read what it says, the Arabic?