Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Extended range pictures?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Spikeh, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

Sorry guys - I've been itching to see some pictures of Extended Range basses... and been searching on here for AGES - I remember seeing a pic of someone with a stupid amount of strings (more than 12 if I remember correctly) but I just can't find the pic...

Anyone remember the link, or can anyone post pics of basses with 8 strings or more? Thanks!

2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
  3. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    sigh . . . I want a Stambaugh so bad . . . 5 strings though.

4. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Get one!! Do whatever you must. Prostitute yourself.. Sell a kidney...

You won't regret it!!

5. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Try a search on some of the bassists that use them, Stew Mckinsey, Jean Baudin, Garry Goodman, Bernie Connors, Yves Carbone, Mark Beem, Trip Wamsley, just to name a few.

6. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    That's Mark BeEm..

;) :p

7. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.

OOPS! I guess I was thinking you were like a BEAM of light, or maybe just blinded by the pic you posted :)

8. Here's my 8.

Attached Files:

9. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Nice bass!!

I also notice that you're a Pastafarian...

:D ;)

10. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Not to derail the thread, your bass is awesome Geoff, but that FSM thing killed me. I may need to get a t-shirt. And mark, the Pastafarian comment was as funny as the whole website lol.

11. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    Connecticut
    www.conklinguitars.com

be happy :)

or, just look at john turner's pic on the first page of the "show your basses" sticky

12. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    Wow Geoff I hadn't seen that bass finished yet, gorgeous!! kinda crowded on the knob side but those matching covers and ramp = :cool:

here's my upcoming 9 wich should be ready within weeks, can't wait to see strings on this puppy.
    [​IMG]

13. :eek: - Wow

That's extremely sexy :D

14. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Check it out - six burners!

[​IMG]

Though Jaco only needed four. :meh:

15. Is that a custom lower horn shape?

Looks killer. Can't wait to see some good pictures of it when it's done.

16. I love this bass, & I'm going 7 on my next one, so no ERB bash here; I like the fanned frets, but the 'orthodox'(for lack of a better term)headstock, pickups & end of the neck kind of throw off the aethstetics for me. Any one else? Beyond my little grip, :eek: !

17. I agree as far as the headstock and neck goes. I think that the pickups look fine aesthetically.

18. junerig

junerig

Sep 12, 2005
    I have too agree although it surely is a wonderful instrument-I love the wood! The turn-off for me is the 'crowded knobs' area and the slanted bridge next to the pickup.This, with the fanned frets at the end of the straight fingerboard, makes me feel dizzy. Too many angular lines that go everywhere.
    But then again, I never really cared how a bass looks - as long as it has good pickups and playability - the player will supply the rest!

19. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    yeah Bill made the ends of the board straight, I understand most people would like slanted ends better like on Dingwalls, but it doens't bother me at all really :)

20. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    AHHHHHHHH!!! I don't think I could handle any of those, honestly. I'm strictly a four-stringer...