1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Extended techniques!

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by BassNoobSuomi, Mar 28, 2013.

1. So, Earlier today i was messing around with my warwick, And i didn't notice how close i was to my headphones. I was hearing a very high pitch squeal, i got up and it was gone! So i started expirementing. Eventually i discovered that the headphones were being sensed by the pickups, creating controlled feedback that required no string movement whatsoever, another neat thing i discovered was that i could adjust the pitch of this feedback by turning the volume knob!(Real useful for the intro of those goddamn blue-collar tweakers, too.)
    Another neat thing i sometimes notice myself doing is tapping the strings directly over the bridge saddle with my index and middle fingers, gives a nice bowed sounding sound.(sounding sound, ***?)
    Anywa, sorry for the wall of text, I guess what i want to know some weird techniques you guys use? Post them here!
    :hyper: :help: :hyper: