1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

extended version covers

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by vinny, Aug 16, 2007.

1. vinny

vinny

Apr 3, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV.
    How many "extended covers" do you include in a set or in a night? You know, the ones that keep them dancing & jam on for awhile.

Also, what are the tunes & how long do they go on?

2. none.
    the only covers we do are extremely short versions. slipped into one of our originals.

our next gig we'll be doing a verse and chorus of gay bar by electric six

3. There is an Irish Pub/Club where the house band plays a good mix of irish tunes and modern/classic rock. They do an awesome extended version of "Where The Streets Have No Name" by U2. I am generally not a fan of U2 but whenever I go there I look forward to the literally 15 minute rendition of the song. Not to mention I am always hammered by then so it makes it that much more rad.

I believe it's the same band that throws in an extended bass solo when they play "Brown Eyed Girl" doesn't add too much length to the song but it's a rad solo.