Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

extended

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by drjudd, Mar 6, 2002.

1. drjudd

drjudd

Mar 5, 2002
    guam
    1998 Brubaker

New to forum. Hope this pic gets me a good seat.
    *slips moderator a $20..........winks*

All I can say is it's a handfull.

Judd

Pacific Island Paradise of Guam

*hey........we're US too :) *

2. Welcome to TalkBass! Glad to have you here.

Jeff

3. Welcome aboard. That is one of the only 6 string Brubakers I have seen a picture of. I hear that the are pretty sweet basses.

Geoff

4. looks nice.. but how does it sound ?

5. drjudd

drjudd

Mar 5, 2002
    guam
    Sorry for the delay. Last week I had no band. Today I have 2. Sometimes it's feast or famine.

As far as the sound, this is the most fanominal sounding bass I have ever played. It sustains forever and with the electronics package has extreme reaches into almost any sound you wanna make.
    I have never owned a 6 or 5 string before this, and it has been quite the experience.
    I bought this over Christmas for doing alternative rock, alot easier than tuning down.
    If you ever get a chance to play a brubaker, I highly recommend it, never heard of a negative experience yet.

Kevin Brubaker is King if u ask me.

Hey, come on out to Guam and lets jam.

drjudd

6. What pickups and electronics does it have?

7. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Nice bass; welcome to TB. :)

8. drjudd

drjudd

Mar 5, 2002
    guam
    I didn't really mention the details in my original post, didn't think there would be much interest. I am flattered that there are inquiries, so here goes:

S/N 99010 *10th bass of 1999*
    Ash body with a flamed maple top w/custom rootbeer finish. One piece quartersawn hard maple neck with wenge fingerboard.
    SeymourDuncan/Basslines active soap bar pickups/electronics And Hipshot hardware.
    The SeymourDuncan has a push/pull in the volume that they call their 'slap switch'. It puts a smiley face in the EQ, lowers the mids, deepens the tone slightly.

I will try to take a better pic at the studio today and post it tonight.

Esta,
    drjudd

9. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey there, very nice bass! welcome to talkbass, i think you're the first guam-ian (? :D ) to post, that i know of anyway.

10. drjudd

drjudd

Mar 5, 2002
    guam
    Thanks for the welcome. I've been on Guam for 20 yrs now and still don't know what they call me.
    Locals are called Guamanians, maybe I'm almost local by now.
    I know I promised more pics of the bass, just forgot the camera...........maybe tomorrow.
    I tried to download the 12 minute piece from your post, couldn't access it after the download???
    Seems I don't have the right player installed.
    Any hints?
    More later..........................

drjudd

11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    it's an mp3, windows player should play it fine. real jukebox also plays mp3s. let me know if it doesn't work.

12. Had the same problem with Windows media player but later discovered that WinAmp plays it. Why don't you try it?

Hope it helps..
    Cheers

13. drjudd

drjudd

Mar 5, 2002
    guam
    Hey peeps,

Just got in from the studio.........I actually remembered the camera and took pics of the Brubaker.............actually, I took pics twice as I realized that fingerprints show up with a flash and ruined the first set of pics. Well, here goes-

pic #1 surrealistic pic of top lookin' from bottom*?*

Opppppsss.....I guess I have to do this in three posts, *offers to resign my seat on the panel*:(

14. drjudd

drjudd

Mar 5, 2002
    guam
    brubaker brubaker brubaker brubaker brubaker

Ok..........that was interesting.

Here is pic #2 back of bass 'same arty perspective'

15. drjudd

drjudd

Mar 5, 2002
    guam
    Had enough???????????

Wait, don't go till you see the guts.

Soooooooooo Prettyyyyyyyyyyyy.

#3 Brubaker Brain Department *nice finishing*

16. pc

pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
    Nice bass! :eek:

I liked the 1 screw electronics access!

17. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    your bass is pretty.. do you have any sound clips???

18. drjudd

drjudd

Mar 5, 2002
    guam
    *sigh* I knew this day would come
    Sorry Idiezman, I am wayyyyy to intimidated to put up a sound byte of me playing.
    I have been out of the business for 20 yrs and just recently got back in. Don't have the chops to show off. It's interesting though, things have changed so much in that time. This is the reason for the Brubacker, everything is tuned down now. I have an alternative rock band going with my 15 yr old son and the rest in their mid 20's. I'm the only old fart. I like to play this stuff though, really interesting and rule breaking in a way. We do POD, Bush, Hoobastank, etc. Keeps my kid happy.
    I also have a Classic Rock band with peeps a little older, we formed on a whim when I invited them over to my studio to 'jam' *only*........... well, one thing lead to another and after playing for only two hours we were booked for a gig in a club. Talk about baptism by fire? I may post something at a later date , but in reality.........I am just a straight cover guy, no shoe. Hey, come on over to paradise and you can play me something..........hows that? If you're interested in my 'studio' I can send you some pics. It's been my obsession these last couple of months. I built it on the premise of being able to suppy FOH & Backline to other bands on island. A setup like that can get you $1500 a day here. Now that I am playing though, those things are on hold.
    I have all Mackie active PA, makes for a really solid FOH setup, use 4 mackies for monitors too :) they are da kine. Hey...........you got me rambling, sorry.
    Esta,
    drjudd