Extension Cab for an Eden Metro?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jimbass55, Aug 17, 2003.

1. Well I finally bit the bullet and picked up an Eden Metro.(will be shipped to me next week) I am definently going to get an extension cab, but I am not sure what I would like. I would really like to stick with Eden, so what would be your choice given the following circumstances:

I play Country, Rockabilly, Blues, Southern Rock- I use a Fender Jazz(active p-ups) and a Fender P(passive)-Will be getting a G&L L2500 soon- I also play a Kay Upright with a K&K Rockabilly pickup.

Those with Eden experience or educated knowledge let your opinions fly. I am leaning towards the 2x12(sounds like the best of both worlds on paper).

I don't have the opportunity to play Eden products so let me know what you think. Thanks.
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I would get an Eden D210XST. Eden 2x12's do not have a lot of low end. The 210XST has it in spades.
  3. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i use an eden d115xlt...but jeff is nuts on about the d210xst....that's one bad cab
  4. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    The metro is one LOUD combo. wait until you get it home before you decide to get more. I like the idea of the additional 210. if you like the eden sound get eden.
  5. I haven't even given the 2x10's much consideration. I haven't had good luck with 2x10's, but I should give the Edens a chance. So if I understand correctly, the 210xst has more low end than the 2x12's?

I do love the sound of 4x10's, but the 410xlt is very heavy and I like the idea of the 59lbs for the 2x10. (matched with the metro-gives me my 4x10's)

I believe the Metro runs 8 ohms internally, so with an 8 ohm extension it will be running at 4 ohms, 4 ohm extension at 2.67 ohms.

What about with (2) 8 ohm extension cabs? (for example- the Metro, 2x10, 1x15.