Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Extension Cab for Peavey Combo 115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Drpepper99uk, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Drpepper99uk

Drpepper99uk

Dec 31, 2004
    London,U.K
    Hello,

I currently am running a Peavey Combo 115 rig which consists of a single 15" speaker.I've found that i'm driving this speaker to hard and the DDT(red LED) is coming on a lot of the time during playing.I have an output for an extension cab which would make the whole unit itself run at just over the 300w rating.At the moment it pushes out 200w.

Peavey do a 2x10"(210TVX) or a 4x10"(410TVX) cab setup but my question being what would be the better choice considering the extra 100w output i'll gain.Ok so there will be tone and range differences with the differet cab choices here but is it really worth considering a 4x10 cab just for the sake of an extra 100w?? Will a 2x10 provide the same results??

Thanks.

Michael.

2. The 210 TVX with the 15 in the combo would be loud enough for most music.You gain more volume with the added speakers than the extra 100 watts added.The 410 would be louder because of more cone area but I think the 210 would be a better matchup for the power.The 210 TVX is 4 ohm so make sure the combo will power an extra 4 ohm load.Avatar also makes decent 210 cabinets in 4 or 8ohms.