1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Extension Cab for Rumble 200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ChromeTsunami, Dec 7, 2018.

1. ChromeTsunami

ChromeTsunami

Aug 7, 2018
    UK
    I have a Rumble 200 Series 3 which I love. I also have a Marshall MBC410 cab and I'm wondering if I can use this as an extension cab? The Rumble say's '8ohm min. 100w' on the Ext. Spkr output socket, and the Marshall input is labelled '4x10" 4 Ohms'. Can they be used together without risking any damage of either?

20181205_115619.

Advice appreciated.

Cheers, Steve

sharkbait130 likes this.
  2. Not a good idea to use a 4 ohm cab as an extension. This will give you an overall load of around 2.6 ohms on the amp. I believe that the rumble is a 4 ohm min amp. Running with anything less than a 4 ohm load will overheat it at best and burn it up at worst. If you can disconnect the speakers in the rumble , then you can plug in the 4 ohm ext. cab without any possibility of damage to the amp.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    ChromeTsunami likes this.
  3. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    No.

You could install a speaker bypass plug in the 200 and run directly to the Marshall to get 4 ohms.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  4. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    No, that's a dangerous mismatch. Where the Rumble says "8 ohms min.", that eliminates the 4 ohm cab.

Many Fender Rumble Club members who have the 200 combo like the sound of the Rumble 115 cab with it's matching speaker, though the cab has a bigger footprint. Others like the 210, or even the discontinued 112, cab for good sound and the matching footprint. All of them being 8 ohm to make for a compatible connection.

ChromeTsunami likes this.
  5. Hell no.

6. ChromeTsunami

ChromeTsunami

Aug 7, 2018
    UK
    Thank you for your sage advice everyone.