Extension cab for SWR Workingmans 10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tonedeaf, Jan 29, 2003.

1. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Supporting Member

I just sold my Fender BXR 200 :rolleyes: and Crate BX-25 combos on ebay and used the proceeds to buy an SWR Workingmans 10 combo, also on ebay. The premise here was that the SWR would be a good compromise between the two I had before and maybe provide better sound in the meanwhile.

My question is, if I decide to add an 8-ohm speaker cabinet (this amp puts out 80 watts into the internal 8-ohm speaker and 100 watts into 4 ohms), I'm thinking about an Avatar 112 or 115 for some added lows.

Is this amp capable of pushing that much speaker? For the most part, my playing situation at this point consists of three-piece jam sessions (bass, drums, guitar) in pretty small rooms.

Has anyone had experience with this amp and an extension cab other than the SWR 1x10? My searches didn't turn up anything.
  2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Haven't tried that setup but I'd recommend the Avatar 15 over the 12 for low end. I use a B112 and C15 on one side of my power amp and they sound great together but I find myself wanting more lows that what the 12 gives up by itself.

Good luck!