1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Extention Speaker GK 210 COmbo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by phaneo, May 15, 2006.

1. phaneo

phaneo

Mar 14, 2001
    Fort Worth TX
    I was wondering how you guys connect extention speakers from a GK 1001 RB 210 Combo. It has one speakon cable going to the 2 10's and it has another left open. It lso has two 1/4" jacks in the middle that say 540 watt amp only. Any suggestions on which way to go, or pros and cons of each. They both seem to work.
    Thanks

2. phaneo

phaneo

Mar 14, 2001
    Fort Worth TX
    Bump

3. Nigel

Nigel

Sep 16, 2004
    Denmark
    I have a 700RB/210 combo that I use with a GK neo112. I use the speakon output next to the one that goes to the 210's. That enables you to utilize the biamp feature if your extension cab is a gk bi-amp cab (or other specially wired cabs).

You could just as well use the output jacks, but normally you would use speakon if possible, because it's a better connection method (more sturdy/reliable/doesn't accidently get disconnected).

Just remember that your extension cab should be 8 ohm if you want to use it with the 210's. If it is 4 ohm you must disconnect the 210's to avoid damage to your amp.

Hope this helps.

4. yeah what he said. Also if you buy a GK cab for your extension (not including the BLX), you'll get a speakon cable with it.

5. phaneo

phaneo

Mar 14, 2001
    Fort Worth TX
    Thanks Guys