1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

External Preamp for DB750?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by matt11, Nov 14, 2010.

1. matt11

matt11 Supporting Member

May 19, 2006
    Montreal
    I'm looking for an external preamp for my DB750--I got it second hand, and I guess that while it seemed immaculate, it got dropped at some point or something, because I have exhausted every possible solution to a recurring microphonics problem. I've been using the the Bass Pod XT Aggie model into the power amp, but I don't find it all that true to the Aguilar sound I love. Which of the older Aggie preamps would be a good match, if I can find one, or is there another new preamp that might work similar tonal magic? Thanks.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    have you called aggie and talked to them about it? taken it to a tech in their network? could be a simple fix. great pre in that amp...it'd be a shame to spend lots of money on a preamp when you could just get it fixed for what would probably be a small percentage of the price of a preamp.

3. matt11

matt11 Supporting Member

May 19, 2006
    Montreal
    Yes, they were quite helpful and suggested trying out some different tubes, which I had a good amp tech here in Montreal do with me. He gave the amp a clean bill of health, and I thanked Aguilar for their advice, but as it turns out the problem continues, through a variety of different cabs. I haven't re-contacted Aguilar, but I guess I should.