1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

External Preamp into Carvin BX1500/BX1200 (bi-amp)??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by NickCormier, Apr 16, 2010.

1. NickCormier

NickCormier

Dec 3, 2006
    I noticed the BX1500 and BX1200 apparently have two poweramp sections..

Is it possible to do something like, running one of them dry as a normal bass with the BX preamp, then another Preamp (or something like a Pod/modeller) in the other poweramp section??

If I used like a Pod into the poweramp section, does it 100% bypass the BX preamp?

2. NickCormier

NickCormier

Dec 3, 2006
    Is the BX series power section the same as the DCM series poweramps essentially??

3. NickCormier

NickCormier

Dec 3, 2006
    no one knows? =[

4. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Mar 8, 2009
    California
    Head Tinkerer, The Flufflab
    On the bx1200 the poweramp in is before the crossover so, no, you can't run a different signal to each channel.

edit: No, my memory was completely wrong. There's one insert for each channel so yes you can.

5. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Mar 8, 2009
    California
  6. NickCormier

NickCormier

Dec 3, 2006
    How does the EQing work? Can you have different EQ settings for both channels? Im sure its possible, since it would make sense in the bi-amping HI/LO.. How is it done?

Could I use the effects loop on one channel, and the EQ settings on the other channel?

7. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Mar 8, 2009
    California
    EQ is before the crossover, so per-channel EQ isn't possible.

edit: Though bypassing the EQ on one channel using the effect loop might work if the levels match up OK. Not sure, I have never tried it on mine.