1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

External Speaker problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CjPhishPhan, Jan 10, 2001.

  1. CjPhishPhan


    Mar 14, 2000
    I have a Peavey TNT 115 Combo amp. On the front panel it has a plug that says "High Output" and one that says "Low Output" Next to these is a dial that says Crossover. What I have been wanting to do is get a cabinet to plug into the high output and eventually another for the low. I was looking into the Carvin 2x10. If anyone has ever done anything similiar to this help me out.
  2. The "high" and "low" putputs are used for bi-amping. For this you need your TNT 115 and another amp. If you are using a 210 as an additional cab, you would:

    1. run a cord from "low" out into the "power amp in" of the TNT

    2.run a cord from "high" out to "power amp in" of the amplifier powering the 210

    3. adjust the crossover according to how you wish to split your highs and lows.

    Hope this helps.


Share This Page