Extol anybody heard of them?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Stupidnick, Nov 8, 2002.

1. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    just wondering...
    anybody ever heard of a band called Extol?
    they are pretty good =D i gotta sampler about a year ago and.. well i liked them so i went and brought an album they put out.. called Burial.
    Its .. really progressive death metal type stuff.. like really.. You think your listening to a Harder and Faster Dream Theater and then the next minute it goes to napalm death stuff.. and then it goes into a slow violin part.. its pretty good stuff =D.
    The drummer plays basic blast beats but actually makes them sound intresting.
    They are a very good band though.
    A track i would recommend.. "extol - ember"
    its about 6:30 seconds. Really good instrumentation and the lyrics actually aren't "dark".
    From what i understand they are a christian band. But they aren't really preachy. The Lyrics kinda remind me of dream theater alot too except they are growled most of the time.
    ehh fair stuff =D anybody else like em?
  2. RoyQBiv

Nov 8, 2002
    Bellingam, WA
    I have. My roommate is a devouted Christian/metalhead, so he's a big fan. Personally I find Christian death metal rather puzzling, but let's not turn this into a religion thread. They're a good band, definitely. Worth a listen.
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Description sounds like a christian version of Opeth, so I'll check them out.

[EDIT]I listened to some songs, they're ok, but they don't have the class of a band like Opeth (but then, who has).