Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Extol anybody heard of them?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Stupidnick, Nov 8, 2002.

1. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    just wondering...
    anybody ever heard of a band called Extol?
    they are pretty good =D i gotta sampler about a year ago and.. well i liked them so i went and brought an album they put out.. called Burial.
    Its .. really progressive death metal type stuff.. like really.. You think your listening to a Harder and Faster Dream Theater and then the next minute it goes to napalm death stuff.. and then it goes into a slow violin part.. its pretty good stuff =D.
    The drummer plays basic blast beats but actually makes them sound intresting.
    They are a very good band though.
    A track i would recommend.. "extol - ember"
    its about 6:30 seconds. Really good instrumentation and the lyrics actually aren't "dark".
    From what i understand they are a christian band. But they aren't really preachy. The Lyrics kinda remind me of dream theater alot too except they are growled most of the time.
    ehh fair stuff =D anybody else like em?

2. RoyQBiv

RoyQBiv

Nov 8, 2002
    Bellingam, WA
    I have. My roommate is a devouted Christian/metalhead, so he's a big fan. Personally I find Christian death metal rather puzzling, but let's not turn this into a religion thread. They're a good band, definitely. Worth a listen.

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Description sounds like a christian version of Opeth, so I'll check them out.

[EDIT]I listened to some songs, they're ok, but they don't have the class of a band like Opeth (but then, who has).