Extra Cab to Ashdown MAG 300W 210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by South_Bass, Apr 5, 2010.

1. South_Bass

South_Bass

Sep 28, 2009
    Hey TalkBass
    I'm thinking about buying the ashdown MAG 210 300w combo, but I want to add another cab to it in the future. Ive looked around online a bit and I can't find out what power output the speakers on the combo are. Also I cant tell whether the impedance its talking about is that of the head or the speakers. I'm quite new to the whole idea of heads and cabs as a sole combo user beforehand so go easy on me :)
    Thanks
    South Bass

2. 4-string

4-string

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    Either an 8 Ohm MAG 2x10 (your best bet IMO), or a 1x15 (Ashdown makes a MAG version, no horn).

3. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    you definate need a 8ohm cab to hook it up to that combo.

I say either 8ohm MAG 1x15 , 8ohm MAG 2x10 or 8ohm MAG 4x10

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Best results from the 210, giving you a 410 combo. But, you *may* like the 15 better. I'd avoid a 410 as an ext cab, as it would be out of balance with the combo's internal 210's.

5. South_Bass

South_Bass

Sep 28, 2009
    Ok thanks guys. Only other thing would be that the output of the combo amp is 300 watt and the MAG 210's have a power handing cap of 250w. Would the 300w be split between the combo speakers and the ext cab??

Thanks again

6. Ashenz

Ashenz

May 14, 2010
    hi south bass..
    ive just purchased about 3/4 months ago the cabinate for the ashdown MAG300 210c.
    Its got 1 15'' speaker and is amazing.
    I find the combo its self is good and tone etc qualities are incredible but for the gigs i do it doesnt cut through the 2 guitars, vocals and drums i play with. So buying this cab has taken the middle sounds of the 2 10'' inches speakers you get with the combo and adds loads of awesome bottom end from the 15'' speaker you get in the cabinate.

Unless ive read this all wrong you have already got the MAG300 combo amp and are looking for a cab.. this is the only cab ive tried with this amp and it does all depend on what your playing and where your playing it but - this cab i have mentioned is awesome!! works, looks and most importantly sounds incredible.. but as i say, it sounds awesome for the sort of music im playing.

http://www.rattleanddrum.com/product/7527/ashdown-mag-250w-1x15-cab
    (just a note - both my combo and cab have like a cloth that covers the speaker, not a metal grill, but thats only because i thought it looked better haha!!)

thats a link to see the cab ive brought. It cost me £130 from a place called Professional Music Technology. Quality shop by the way, the blokes in there know their stuff and dont feed you crap and just try and sell you something!!

check out their website; http://www.pmtonline.co.uk/

Hope any of this either helps or makes sense..
    Gimme a shout if you need to know anymore about it all, im not a pro on amps, combos, cabs etc but i know enough to maybe help..

cheers pal!! :)

7. rovito

rovito

Jun 26, 2005
    Maine
    The head part only puts out 180 watts into the 210s built into the combo. You will need to add another 8ohm cab to get all 300 watts.I had the 210 combo for a while. If you plan on gigging you should look into the 410 combo or plan on using an extension cab most of the time with the 210 combo. The 210 combo with a matching 210 extension cab would also be a decent gig rig.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 19, 2022