1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Extra Cabs and a SVT-4 Pro?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by WhiteKnuckles, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Hey all,

I may be grabbing a SVT-4 in the next day or so and have a quick question regarding multiple cabs and the dual amps on the head.

Is it possible to use cabs with different ohm ratings on the separate power amps? I have an 810E and a 410HE, if I plug one in each power amp, would this create any issues? Are there any settings on the head that I should pay attention to?

I'll likely end up running the 8x10 mono bridged, but would like to see what other options I have with extra cabs sitting around.

Thanks.

2. i think all the same impedence rules apply regardless of what cabs you use to whatever power amp. meaning, 2 8ohm cabs is a 4ohm load even if your only using one power amp.
    youd be able to use the 810 and 410 together, just not mono-bridged, youd have to hook up the 810 to one side, and the 410 to the other. the amp can run at 2ohms, but each power amp cant run at 2ohms. (i may be wrong, but i dont think could hook up 2 4ohm cabs to each power amp, if thats what you mean?)
    then again i could be completly wrong! someone else shoudl correct most of this soon.

3. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    You can use these two cabs together, I know for sure.

Problem is making sure the 410 doesn't get the same amount of power that the 810 uses, thats your problem.