Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Extra long scale strings?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by j-raj, Jan 29, 2003.

1. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    As I have mentioned countless times with in the last week, I got a new bass (Warrior 5 string Soldier)....

Anyways... I took it to Warrior's Gallery here in Atlanta and got it's first setup done. The only problem is that the B and E Strings go through the body for added sustain and require Extra long scale strings. The bass was set up using the regular routing for the string (off the bridge, not through the body)...

Both of the Guitar Centers here in the Atlanta area don't have any 5-string packs that are of the extra long variety....

Does anyone know of places online that I could find these Strings?

2. I find there are not many places in Atlanta except guitar center. Everywhere else is pretty much worthless except for a couple.

Ps: I dont get outside much

3. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    johnm0187

Thank you for replying...(I think?)

Basically, here in Atlanta there aren't that many places. Mars used to be around... and you know what happened to them. There are a bunch of used joints... they are usually pretty crappy or 'mom and pop' IYKMIM.

Other than that, there's Ken Stanton music (no, I was mixing up jazz great Stan Kenton... that's actually the store name)... But, I would just like an online resource to use instead.

That is not Musician's Friend...

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    This belongs in STRINGS, but anyway...

juststrings.com stocks just about everything on the market and offers reasonable prices and fast shipping. Several companies offer extra long strings for a 5 including D'Addario, GHS, Fodera, etc.

5. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    boogiebass,

Thank you for the posting... Sorry for the placement...