1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Extra lugs on push pull pot

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Bikeguy57, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Bikeguy57

Bikeguy57 Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Asheville NC
    07E575A8-5D7D-4762-97A9-BCEAA38336DA.jpeg why are there two sets of lugs on the pot portion of this? The push pull only operates the switch portion. I only need three lugs like a normal pot correct? Which set do I use for the volume control? Thanks.

2. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    Does it have a detent when the pot is at the center of its sweep? If so it's likely a blend pot. It's a dual ganged pot of some sort but no way to tell from a photo.

3. Bikeguy57

Bikeguy57 Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Asheville NC
    No detent. I’m using it to switch from parallel to series on a jazz bass. I was planning to use this for the volume pot that will be disabled when in series mode. Can I just ignore the bottom set of lugs?

4. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Likely, but you may want to get out the ol' multimeter to see if there are differences between the top and bottom sets.

5. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Yep, I bought ten of those by mistake a while ago. You now have spare pot section that you can use in X number of years when the first one fails. [​IMG]

ex-tension likes this.
  6. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Except that they are likely to fail together. you are sweeping both when you sweep, you just don't have signal going through one. :banghead:

7. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    To the best of my recollection I've never seen both sections on a dual pot fail simultaneously from track wear, have you?

That said, my comment was fully tongue in cheek, of course.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 26, 2020