Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by chavz2005, Sep 21, 2005.

1. chavz2005

Sep 13, 2005
    im thinkin about buyin these "PROSteel" "EXTRA super light gauge" strings.
    the strings are:
    G- .035

Are these strings too light for like rock shredding (billy sheehan style) and are they good sounding, playing etc.??? i need some feedback please otherwise i will just get the XL pro steel "SUPER light gauge" instead. thankyou
  2. KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    thats... what... thats smaller than what my guitarist uses? is it built with like, ultra super-duper strength titanium aircraft spaceship grade aluminum titanium?
  3. Might be better off in the "Strings" section. ;)
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yep. Moved.
  5. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    I have no experience with them, but my guess is that they'd be pretty floppy tuned to normal pitch. Too much for my tast... but probably good if you wanted to bend the hell out of your notes?
  6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I used that gauge for a year and liked it, but I got tired of it. They didn't sound or feel heavy enough for me. But you might like them. At worst, you're only out a few bucks.
  7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I used Rotosounds with a .090 for the E on my Rick back in the 80s. They worked great for my biamped and distorted rig (4x12 dirty and a 1x18 clean). I'm thinking about putting a set of the Pro Steel .095 on my 32" scale Destroyer.
  8. wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Those are the same gauges as the inner strings on my fretted six, joined by a .120 B and .025 C. I'm using Status Graphite double ball end strings so YMMV but they work just fine for me.

9. dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    i use 0.40-0.95 and they are very ligh, great for slap and playing fast, so if you like sheehan-style pitzicato maybe they`ll work.

also they will have a lot less tension, so maybe youll need to setup your bass....