Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Extracting individual audio tracks from ProTools

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by LonghornBass, Nov 3, 2001.

1. Hey all,
    My on again off again band has just had a very bad experience with a recording studio, (mix is very bad, engineer won't work with us without more money....) and I just want to take the decent tracks and mix them elsewhere. We want to take all the bass and drum tracks, rerecord guitars and vocals, and re mix everything. This good for nothing engineer says he needs Adaptec Toast to extract the individual tracks....is this true? Is there another way to do this? I just don't trust this guy any farther that I can throw him. Any ProTools expert's advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. u cant extract individual tracks (bass, vocals, guitar l + r) from a final mixdown file (ug ur mp3 or wav)

but if u can
    id love to know how

steve

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Adaptec Toast is just a CD burning prog for the Mac.

http://www.roxio.com/en/products/toast/index.jhtml

You should be able to let ProTools extract the individual tracks from the ProTools project and save it as wave file.

But the engineer has to do it for you, unless you have protools at home. I don't know if you can open ProTools project in ProTools Free.