Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Extreme Makeover Bass Edition

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by DaveCustomMade, May 21, 2004.

1. My first bass guitar was a Peavey Axcelorator that I purchased in 1997. I was in need of a bass since all I had at my disposal was my churches Peavey Patriot. Wanting a 5 string, and not having much money to work with, when I saw the 5 string Peavey Axcelorator for about 50% off, I jumped on it.

The bass is excellent for the price. Sounds and plays very good, . . . . . . . . but I'm not one for painted guitars with pickguards. Therefore, [fastforward to the present] I now am going to do a makeover on the Peavey, changing it from the boring paint and pickguard to a wood finish top. I also plan on minor changees to the body design and head to give it a more appealing look.

I have placed a page on my [admittedly amature] webpage to show some pictures of what it looks like, and what it will look like when it is done.

Here's the webpage:

http://www.geocities.com/orion_vtol/EMBE.html

Yesterday, I purchased some paint stripper. It will be a joy to see that purple finish buckle! :hyper:

2. Lastnight all the pieces of hardware as well as the electronics were taken off the bass, ready for the paint stripper, which will be done on Saturday. I can't wait to see what might be under that paint! :hyper:

I figure I don't need to take a picture of the parts. No big thrill there. :smug: