Eye gunk

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, May 4, 2003.

1. For the past 3 nights, when I wake up from sleeping, my right eye is almost "glued" together from eye gunk... It takes me a few tries to get my eyelids open, but I'll get on with everything and wipe it away. I know this isn't a major medical condition, I just know it annoys the heck out of me... So does anyone have any guesses why it "shuts" my eyelids together?
  2. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    Sounds like conjunctavitus(sp). If it is then it's mildly contagous(again sp). In UK you go to the doctor and he prescribes eye drops on a prescription which costs £5. Don't know what the procedure is stateside.
  3. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    that or allergies are welcoming you to spring
  4. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Or it's long since time for vacuuming under the bed and changing the sheets... :)

5. Well, called the doctor, and it's PINK EYE! Fun fun, but still my band practice is going on today come hell or high water.
  6. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Not a good idea, Pink Eye can be quite contagious. Stay home for a couple of days and dont spread the wealth.

7. Dear Mike

Bite me.

Your Friend,
    Freaky Fender

:D ;)
  8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Pink eye is gnarly, I've had it a couple of times. Very Contagious, irritating, and lame.

Last time I had it, I was really lucky, cause I was at the doctor getting a check-up and right then he noticed "hey, your eye....didn't look like that when you came in" so he gave me some drops right away and it only lasted a couple days.

when I was a kid though, I couldn't stand eye-drops, and whenever I got conjunctivitis, it was just miserable.

FF, do you have any "novelty" glasses, that aren't prescription? like fake glasses? if so, wear those at practice, and when you are coming into contact with people, you will look dorky, but it beats spreading the infection. Furthermore, try and wash your hands as much(Frequently) as humanly possible. And if you MUST touch your eye(not advised) only do it with one hand. It's tricky to maintain this routine, but in doing so, you will prevent the spread, and severity of the infection.
  9. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    What he said.....DORK!!!!!!! j/k;)
  10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Ya know what is kind of funny. Everyone I've talked to about conjunctivitis(except doctors) refer to the pus build-up as "gunk"

It's always "gunk" never goo, or pus, or squidileespoog...
  11. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I love it when that happens.

It happened to me a couple times when I was little.

Some people cry when they are asleep, I do sometimes... not from nightmares, they just shed tears.... i think the tears build up and mix with regular sleep gunk or something... but what does i know?
  12. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I found it very difficult to open my eyes this moring it felt like i didn't have the strength reallly weird.

maybe I cought your pink eye?
  13. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ

14. i eat my gunk and boogers. its nice in chocolate shakes. or on raisin bran cereal.
  15. I cry because I'm sleeping.
  16. cjgallen

Oct 19, 2001
    I've been waking up with goop in my eye for a week or so now. I know it's allergy related because it happened this same time last year. It went away on its own.

Glad to see that I'm not alone.
  17. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Crikey -Pink eye is a real disease? I thought it was something made up by the South Park writers :)
  18. ive always called them "eye boogies"